About Me

My photo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
What can I say? I'm me... there are no easy words to describe ME... there is no method to my madness. But know this - I love my family :-)

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Voting blues

Let me just tell you how bummed I am that today I could not vote because the people there are so stupid. I EXPLAIN that I need a provisional ballot because they need to update my address and add it to their lists and I EXPLAIN that there is an error in the street name and zip code registered with the BOE and I EXPLAIN that according to their website I'm supposed to vote at the correct precinct, not the one they've erroneously assigned me to and I EXPLAIN that yes there is a difference between Court and Parkway which is why they are in 2 different districts and I EXPLAIN that everyone else in my building and on my street with an address ending with an odd number is supposed to come to that polling place but alas... they tell me I need to go to the incorrect polling location instead. Make sense? Idiots. These are the exact people that DO end up getting their votes in and don't know anything. Bummer - ha ha

4 comments:

Monica said...

I opted out this time. I couldn't decide. There's this campaign called Vote Smart Ohio and I don't think I was smart enough for the primary, but I'll be smarter come November.

rosa said...

"I EXPLAIN..." haha cece. I love how you describe it cece style.

I didn't get to vote either, because I'm still registered as a resident of Utah, and I didn't send for my absentee ballot. But a republican vote didn't really matter, so no loss.

I think Barack Obama is going to win. Because Oprah said so.

PapaParma said...

It should not be this hard to vote in Ohio, yet every year they fix one problem and are able to come up with two new and bigger ones!

The For Real JP said...

I way lucked out and I live like two seconds from the registration office, and I got to vote in the primaries. The only dissapointment was that I didn't get a freaking sticker, how lame!