For those of you that don't know... I'm mocking a very ridiculous song by Fergie; That is the reason my blog is titled this way :-)
I'm posting an update for the ladies, and new info. for the men.
About a week and a half ago I weird lump appeared on the back of my neck - actually a little more between the spine and the side of my neck. Anytime there is an unexplained lump, obviously the best thing to do is get it checked out.
So I saw my PCP (El-Gazaar) and he said there could be NUMEROUS causes so this is what we did:
1. Perscribed Augmentin to treat this as if I have a swollen lymph node (I've read that there ARE over 300 in our neck FYI) due to an Upper Respitory Infection - even though I do not have coughing or any real symptoms, except my ears have been pretty blocked lately with the cold weather coming.
2. Administered a skin TB test - somehow TB causes this too
3. Ordered a full blood work-up to check my blood count, all of my metobolic functions, some weird test ESR? (I read that it rules out Epstein Barr and other crazy diseases) and a Monospot test. Somehow swollen Lymph Nodes can be a result of Mono too.
4. Ordered a CT Scan to view "Soft Tissue of the Neck"
5. Ordered a thoracic MRI - this was a mistake, see below.
So the TB test came back clear of course. I called the Doctor today about the blood work and the receptionist said the Dr. claims they are "fine". Got the CT scan of the lump on Tuesday (no word yet) and the MRI test was supposed to be Wednesday, but when I went they said the test is for x-ray of the spine which has nothing to do with my diagnosis.
So I have to go back to the doctor for a new script because he was trying to get a second CT scan of the upper chest and neck to search for any other lumps and according to the diagnosis on the lab request "Rule out cervical lymphoma" - aka the dreaded "C" word. And by the way... cervical in this form means anything having to do with the neck.
For some reason when I had my CT scan on Tuesday I did have some reaction to the dye contrast injected. I've had it in the past with no problems like when I was getting all of the tests on my thyroid nodule (another fun lump) and even just 6 months or so ago for my stomach. But this time I actually got this weird feeling in my lungs and my throat... like my lungs expanded so I had no room to take in air, and my throat felt like it was swelling up. Anyways it was like breathing through a straw or something. So I'm a little nervous about having to do it again. But I will be in a hospital, so I should be good.
So that's the news, and the update. I won't know more I'm sure for at least a week. I will post here again, but I'm sure I will talk to a few of you as well.
Ta ta for now - Cece
About Me
- Cecilia Parma
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- What can I say? I'm me... there are no easy words to describe ME... there is no method to my madness. But know this - I love my family :-)
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh wow, cece! I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope you can find out soon what it is so they know how to help you. Love you!
Oh geeze. That's alot of tests, how exhausting. Hope everything works out.
love
Hey girl, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending you good vibes...LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment